While we’re proud of our offerings to date, we expect them to evolve and grow in line with our goals. We have also tailored them with inclusion in mind, understanding that a diverse employee population has diverse needs when it comes to benefits and support. To learn more about our employee benefits journey, read a reflection by CEO David McCormick.
Health and Wellbeing
Providing quality care for our employees means having best-in-class benefits such as medical insurance with premiums covered 100%, flexible PTO and unlimited sick days, and our Employee Assistance Program — a program that provides 24-hour confidential support, guidance, counseling and resources. Other benefits include:
- Best-in-class medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, with all premiums fully covered by Bridgewater, for employees and their dependents.
- Generous dental and vision insurance offerings.
- Concierge patient services for anyone dealing with serious or chronic issues and the capability to find the highest quality doctors in their area.
- Telemedicine service with 24/7 availability of medical professionals at no cost to employees.
- Confidential and free counseling services with licensed therapists and clinicians provided through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Healthcare Advocate advisors to help navigate the healthcare system.
- Ability to take time off when employees need it: Our new flexible paid time off policy requires employees to take a minimum of 15 days per year, with no cap. In addition, there are 16 annual company holidays — the standard NYSE schedule plus six additional holidays, yielding several four-day weekends throughout the year.
- Unlimited, fully paid sick days for all Bridgewater employees.
- Paid and unpaid leave of absence options, including fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability benefits, and bereavement.
Supporting You and Your Loved Ones
Many of our benefits are aimed at ensuring employees have the resources needed to grow and support their families — from back-up childcare options to assistance in family planning, including fertility benefits and assistance with adoption and surrogacy. Additional benefits include:
- Eight weeks of fully paid parental bonding and care-giving time for all new parents with an additional eight weeks of paid medical recovery time for those who give birth.
- Optional part-time ramp back program for returning parents as they transition back to work.
- State-of-the-art mother’s rooms with equipment and accessories to support breastfeeding mothers.
- Resources for parents, including a working parents group, support finding childcare, and support for parents of children with behavioral or developmental special needs.
- Support for family planning that includes financial assistance for adoption, surrogacy, and egg/embryonic freezing costs.
- 30 days of back-up dependent care, with access to a national network of childcare centers, in-home providers, and eldercare resources as well as discounted rates on academic support services.
- Pet insurance plans that reimburse eligible veterinary expenses relating to wellness coverage, accidents, illnesses, and injuries.
- For employees on Guard or Reserve assignments, Bridgewater ensures full pay for up to a year and continuous benefits coverage for up to two years.
Investing in Financial Wellness
We offer several financial benefits and options for insurance coverage to give employees and their loved ones financial peace of mind. These generous benefits include:
- Competitive 401(k) plan that matches up to $15k of employee contributions annually, with immediate eligibility and vesting.
- Free and automatic enrollment into Basic Life insurance; supplemental life insurance is available at cost for employees who are looking for additional coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts for eligible health and dependent care expenses, which allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical needs, childcare, or eldercare.
- Competitive group rates for life and accident insurance, auto and home insurance, and group legal plans.
- Commuter benefit program that allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for commuting costs via public transportation.
Community and Wellness
We believe in meaningful work and meaningful relationships, and therefore a hallmark of our company experience is having a vibrant and active community. We encourage work-life balance by offering remote work flexibility, free daily prepared lunch, and grab-and-go snacks and beverages. We support active community engagement through several affinity networks and nearly 100 extracurricular groups ranging from our Book Swap to the Pet Rescue Group. To enhance this experience, we provide:
- Remote work flexibility with most employees required to work onsite 2-3 days per week, with flexibility to work offsite on other days.
- Free access to on-site gyms and meditation rooms.
- Free daily prepared lunch and a variety of on-the-go meals, snack, and beverage options.
- Engaged and active community that includes frequent company events (such as our Distinguished Speaker Series), several affinity networks, and nearly 100 employee-led extracurricular groups.