Seeking Curious Minds
Please join us for our annual Immersion program, a three-day in-person event designed to give you exposure to Bridgewater’s unique culture, our fundamental and systematic approach to understanding how the world works, taking a deep dive into our internship programs, and several professional development opportunities with many of our senior investors.
Who is Bridgewater Associates?
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting-edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles. Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence. By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Deep learners who want to have a robust understanding of financial markets and investment management.
- Critical thinkers who are highly analytical, logical, and practical.
- Practical problem solvers who naturally look to develop efficient, systematic solutions.
- Owners who hold a high degree of personal responsibility and standards in everything they do.
- Those who desire to work in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- No prior experience in finance is required; we welcome all candidates from any major or degree.
- You’re in the second year of a 4-year degree program at an accredited US institution (i.e. sophomore).
- Students from one or more of the following underserved groups, including:
- Asian Pacific Islander, Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous.
- Students who identify as Women and/or members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- First-generation college students and/or those with financial need.
What Will You Learn?
- Bridgewater 101: Deep-dives into specific departments at Bridgewater, what makes us different, career paths, our internships, and intro to interviewing at Bridgewater.
- Economies and Markets: An introduction to how we think about economies, markets, and the financial industry, led by some of our most senior investors.
- Our Culture and Community: An opportunity to get to know Bridgewater’s vibrant and unique community, including the other Immersion participants.
- Internship Programs: Early exposure to either our Investment Associate or Investment Engineering internship, including how and what our interns learn and explore.
Sessions will take place March 23rd-25th in person at our Westport, CT location.
Thank you for your interest in the Investment Immersion Program, applications for Spring 2023 are now closed. Communications will be sent by the end of February to applicants invited to attend.