Seeking Curious Minds
Please join us for our annual Immersion program, a three-day in-person event designed to give you exposure to Bridgewater’s unique culture, our fundamental and systematic approach to understanding how the world works, taking a deep dive into our internship programs, and several professional development opportunities with many of our senior investors.
Who is Bridgewater Associates?
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting-edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles. Founded in 1975, we are a community of independent thinkers who share a commitment for excellence. By fostering a culture of openness, transparency, and inclusion, we strive to unlock the most complex questions in investment strategy, management, and corporate culture.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Deep learners who want to have a robust understanding of financial markets and investment management.
- Critical thinkers who are highly analytical, logical, and practical.
- Practical problem solvers who naturally look to develop efficient, systematic solutions.
- Owners who hold a high degree of personal responsibility and standards in everything they do.
- Those who desire to work in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Diverse thinkers — Bridgewater prides itself on being grounded in an idea meritocracy, comprised of the best individuals, and the best portfolio of people.
- No prior experience in finance is required; we welcome all candidates from any major or degree.
- You’re in the second year of a 4-year degree program at an accredited US institution (i.e. sophomore).
What Will You Learn?
- Bridgewater 101: Deep-dives into specific departments at Bridgewater, what makes us different, career paths, our internships, and intro to interviewing at Bridgewater.
- Economies and Markets: An introduction to how we think about economies, markets, and the financial industry, led by some of our most senior investors.
- Our Culture and Community: An opportunity to get to know Bridgewater’s vibrant and unique community, including the other Immersion participants.
- Internship Programs: Early exposure to either our Investment Associate or Investment Engineering internship, including how and what our interns learn and explore.
Program Logistics and Application Deadline
- Sessions will take place in-person at our Westport, CT location on February 22nd – 24th.
- Priority Deadline: January 6th, 2024
- Final Deadline: January 15th, 2024
Apply here by January 15th.