Your First Step In Exploring A Career In Finance
The Bridgewater Rising Fellows program is designed to provide an early lens into what a career in financial services might look like to first-year college students who are members of communities that have been historically underrepresented in the industry. Over the course of a six-week virtual experience, the selected Rising Fellows will learn from and interact with our world-class investors via remote classes and professional coaching. Fellows will also get to know each other, expand their personal networks, and become part of Bridgewater’s community.
Who is Bridgewater Associates?
Founded in 1975, Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world’s markets and economies work — using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles. The firm attracts independent thinkers who share a commitment to achieving excellence in their work and operating in our unique culture.
Who Are We Looking For?
- We seek curious individuals who are interested in learning about how the world’s economies and markets work.
- Applicants need not have any education or prior experience in finance or economics. We welcome applicants from all academic backgrounds — our senior leaders have studied subjects ranging from computer science to literature.
- Students who are in the class of 2026 and are attending a college or university in the US
- Students from one or more of the following underserved groups, including:
- Asian Pacific Islander, Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous
- Students who identify as Women and/or members of the LGBTQIA+ community
- First-generation college students and/or those with financial need
What Will Fellows Learn About?
An introduction to how we think about economies, markets, and the financial industry, led by some of our most senior investors
A series of conversations focused on personal development, including résumé workshops and professional skills training
An opportunity to get to know Bridgewater’s vibrant and unique community, including the other Fellows
- Sessions will take place remotely on Monday and Thursday evenings. The program will run from Monday, February 27 to Thursday, April 6.
- Participants will receive a $2,500 stipend to recognize achievements and facilitate participation in the program
Applications for our Winter 2023 Program are now closed.